Aaron Hernandez

Aaron Hernandez to be called to stand in wrongful death suit


Former New England Patriots football player Aaron Hernandez listens to testimony during his trial in Fall River, Mass., Monday, April 6, 2015. Hernandez is accused of killing Odin Lloyd in June 2013. (AP Photo/The Boston Herald, Ted Fitzgerald, Pool)

Former New England Patriots football player Aaron Hernandez listens to testimony during his trial in Fall River, Mass., Monday, April 6, 2015. Hernandez is accused of killing Odin Lloyd in June 2013. (AP Photo/The Boston Herald, Ted Fitzgerald, Pool)

BOSTON (AP) — A lawyer for the family of a man slain by Aaron Hernandez plans to call the former New England Patriots star to the stand in a wrongful death lawsuit.

Speaking alongside Odin Lloyd’s mother, lawyer Doug Sheff promised Wednesday that the case would take a different tone than Hernandez’s criminal trial. That ended last week with Hernandez’s conviction and life sentence for Lloyd’s 2013 murder.

Hernandez did not testify at his criminal trial.

Sheff says Lloyd’s mother, Ursula Ward, wants to know what happened the night he died and why.

He says the lawsuit seeks unspecified damages. But he says the family isn’t in it for the money because no amount can compensate for their loss.

Ward says her 27-year-old son never took life for granted and was her hero.

Source: AP

Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share this post!
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Email Pinterest

Comments

tab  
Shey Lee says:

@Tim, I agree.

   
Tim Everett says:

AH won’t take the stand. Or if he does he will plead the 5th. He’s not going to say anything on the stand that will incriminate himself, for the convicted trial and the upcoming trial.

   

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *