Albrecht Muth

Albrecht Muth’s murder trial postponed again in DC

Albrecht Muth photo /  ABC7WASHINGTON — A murder trial has been postponed in the death of an elderly German journalist and socialite in the District of Columbia.

Albrecht Muth had been scheduled to stand trial starting this Monday in the death of his wife, 91-year-old Viola Drath. But online court records show the trial has now been postponed until early January.

The 49-year-old Muth, a fellow German expatriate, is accused in the August 2011 beating and strangulation death of Drath inside their Georgetown home. He has denied guilt.

The case is being heard in D.C. Superior Court.

Court records show another status conference is scheduled for Dec. 18, and the new trial date is Jan. 6.

Source: AP

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share this post!
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Email Pinterest


joanne says:

Is this trial going to be televised??

joanne says:

Is this trial going to be televised?


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *