Casey Anthony’s lawyer rebuts claim in Zimmerman case
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Casey Anthony’s attorney has sent a letter to the judge in George Zimmerman’s case, saying a prosecutor made some mischaracterizations about him during a hearing last week.
Jose Baez’s letter to Circuit Judge Debra Nelson was made public Wednesday.
Baez says prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda was incorrect when he said during a hearing last week that Baez was held in contempt during the Anthony case. The prosecutor was arguing for a gag order on lawyers in the case.
Baez says the only fine he received was for a discovery violation.
A spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office didn’t immediately return an email.
Zimmerman is charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last February.
Anthony was acquitted of murdering her daughter last year.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.