Baby Gabriel Case

Opening statements postponed in Baby Gabriel trial


PHOENIX (AP)— Opening statements will start a day later than scheduled at a trial for an Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in the disappearance of her child.

Lawyers in the case of Elizabeth Johnson were previously scheduled to make opening statements Wednesday, but attorneys will instead start addressing jurors Thursday.

Johnson pleaded not guilty to charges of kidnapping, custodial interference and attempted custodial inference in the December 2009 disappearance of her son, Gabriel.

She told the boy’s father that she killed Gabriel and dumped him in a trash bin in San Antonio, Texas.

She later recanted and told police that she gave the baby to a couple at a park in the Texas city, but she never provided names.

Gabriel has never been found.

Police don’t know whether he is alive.

Source: AP

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share this post!
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Email Pinterest

Comments

tab  

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *