Aaron Hernandez

Prosecutor, judge argue over texts in Aaron Hernandez trial


Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez looks back at the gallery during his murder trial at the Bristol County Superior Court in Fall River, Mass., Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015. Hernandez is accused in the June 17, 2013, killing of Odin Lloyd, who was dating his fiancee's sister. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa, Pool)

Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez looks back at the gallery during his murder trial at the Bristol County Superior Court in Fall River, Mass., Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015. Hernandez is accused in the June 17, 2013, killing of Odin Lloyd, who was dating his fiancee’s sister. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa, Pool)

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — The judge and prosecutor in the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez have gotten into a heated argument over text messages sent by the victim in the minutes before he was killed.

Hernandez is accused in the June 17, 2013, killing of Odin Lloyd, the boyfriend of his fiancee’s sister.

Lloyd sent several texts to his sister early that morning.

Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh has previously ruled them inadmissible. In one, Lloyd wrote he was with “NFL.”

Prosecutor William McCauley told Garsh he wanted jurors to hear that four text messages were sent moments before Lloyd died.

The judge said he couldn’t ask Lloyd’s sister about texts.

McCauley became exercised and pushed, and the judge replied angrily, “My ruling stands!”

McCauley indicated he’d appeal.

Source: AP

Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share this post!
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Email Pinterest

Comments

tab  

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *