Baby Gabriel Case

Trial to resume in missing baby Gabriel case


PHOENIX — The trial of an Arizona woman charged with criminal wrongdoing in her child’s disappearance is set to resume Tuesday.

Prosecutors finished presenting their case against Elizabeth Johnson earlier this month.

Defense attorneys will be given the opportunity to present evidence.

Johnson pleaded not guilty to charges of kidnapping, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial inference in the December 2009 disappearance of her then-8-month-old son, Gabriel.

Authorities said Johnson told the boy’s father that she killed Gabriel and dumped him in a trash bin in San Antonio.

She later recanted and told police that she gave the baby to a couple at a San Antonio park, but she never provided names.

Police don’t know if the boy is still alive.

They searched a landfill, but no body was found.

Source: AP

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share this post!
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Email Pinterest

Comments

tab  

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *