George Zimmerman

Zimmerman says he’ll appeal NBC lawsuit dismissal


George Zimmerman Mugshot / AP Seminole County Sheriff`s OfficeORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman has filed a notice to appeal the dismissal of his defamation lawsuit against NBC Universal and three reporters.

The appeal notice was filed Tuesday with the Seminole County Clerk of Courts. Judge Debra Nelson on June 30 dismissed Zimmerman’s lawsuit, saying the former neighborhood watch leader failed to show the network acted with malice.

Nelson said the malice standard was appropriate because Zimmerman became a public figure after he fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, in February 2012. It generated a national conversation about race and self-defense laws. He was acquitted of second-degree murder last year.

In his lawsuit, Zimmerman says NBC’s editing of a story on the shooting made it sound as if Zimmerman voluntarily told an operator that Martin was black.

Source: AP

Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share this post!
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Email Pinterest

Comments

tab  
lee c fairfax says:

this guy really needs to get over himself and start counting Lucky Stars. he should also fade away from the public eye before something pops back up to bite him in the bootie. He’s taunting too many people here for safety.

   

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *